The SPT Board of Directors recently decided to revise the membership program. The changes are meant to better clarify the benefits for each level and to incorporate additional benefits for the top three levels. The biggest visible change is to the names of the membership levels. The names reflect popular historic architectural styles in Springfield and speak to SPT’s advocacy work. Two additional levels have been added to encourage larger corporate donations.
The changes are also meant to simplify the work of SPT. Instead of having a separate system for newsletter advertising, those seeking recognition in the quarterly newsletter will now sign up for a $200 or higher membership. The new $1,000 Leadership Circle level includes the benefit of being listed as a tour sponsor. These changes incorporate existing donors into the membership program, making the work of SPT more straight forward.
The revised membership levels will be rolled out over the next couple of months. Along with the revised membership levels SPT is converting to a new membership database that will simplify the membership program. As part of these changes, SPT will start putting more effort into collecting email addresses. For a small non-profit like SPT, email is the most efficient way to communicate with members and stakeholders about SPT news and to advocate for historic preservation initiatives in Springfield. You will be seeing these changes next time you are asked to renew your membership.
- Colonial $30 – One Membership Card, Discounts on all SPT Events
- Victorian $60 – Two Membership Cards, Discounts on all SPT Events, Two Free Tour Passes
- Italianate $120 – Three Membership Cards, Discounts on all SPT Events, Three Free Tour Passes
- Greek Revival $200 – Five Membership Cards, Discounts on all SPT Events, Four Free Tour Passes, Listing in the Quarterly SPT Newsletter
- Tudor $500 – Discounts on all SPT Events, Six Free Tour Passes, Listing in the Quarterly SPT Newsletter, Listing on the SPT Website
- Leadership Circle $1,000 – Discounts on all SPT Events, Six Free Tour Passes, Listing in the Quarterly SPT Newsletter, Listing on the SPT Website, Listing as a Tour Sponsor